View Single Post
Old 03.23.2012, 03:44 AM   #226
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
I hate to say it but Pitchfork gave it a pretty solid review. A 5.8 though? Not a chance. It is a very solid album & while it isn't groundbreaking or beyond words amazing it is definitely a grower with A LOT of beautiful moments. Lee #2 should have let us all know what we were going to get. This is just good old rock n roll made by a great musician & songwriter. Perfect summer time record. Even though the lyrics are not typical Lee abstractions I think they fit in with the record even though I will admit sometimes they are a bit silly. I also have to say that if this weren't made by Lee I don't think I would have given it much of a chance but I am glad I did. This is going to be the perfect summer soundtrack for me. Thank you Lee, look forward to seeing you in Atlanta.
TheDom is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|