View Single Post
Old 10.01.2013, 06:24 AM   #1127
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Sighs. So we're back to talking about Kanye as the best rapper of the year for a shit record when so many other great, better records in hip-hop came out this year? Self-absorbed crap rap when will you disappear? Again, I have no beef with any of y'all liking the guy or his music, that is a matter of taste, but when we start throwing around "best of the year", "bigger than Michael Jackson," "more influential than the Beatles" bullshit I've had enough! I will call out names, again and again, for the sake of music, not to beef with y'all or with Kanye. Also, the whole, "Kanye resurrected hip-hop" is such condescending bullshit, first people say, "Kanye isn't a rapper, he's a pop-star" but then when they want it to serve their own self-centered purpose, suddenly he's not just a rapper, but he is the messiah of 21st century rap? BULLSHIT! That is simply WAY too disrespectful to all the artists, MCs, DJs, and rappers out there consistently putting out records that have NOTHING to do with Kanye West. Yeah, the guy is on KIIS-FM, but how is that exactly good for rap music or hip-hop? If anything, it DILUTES hip-hop and makes it bullshit. Also, the guy is immaturely self-absorbed, he begs for the spotlight, does anything he can to get it, and yet then when the TMZ aspects of the spotlight harm him, he suddenly wants to bitch and moan, and yet ironically USE THE MEDIA to do it?

They guy is an egomaniac, and I just don't like it. Its nothing personal to louder, or Severian, or any other Kanye fanz out there, but y'all got to have thicker skin than Kanye had over the innocent and cute skit. If you want your guy to be the most popular, expect him to be the most criticized or scrutinized, that is sort of how the spot light works

Just to be clear, I never meant to say Kanye was bigger or more influential than MJ or the Beatles (he's not... no way... not possible unless he releases at least another 6 albums as definitive, influential, and popular as his first); I just meant that relatively speaking, I can't think of a lot of (any?) current artists that come any closer to being comparable to those two than Kanye.

Nobody will ever be more influential than the Beatles, but MJ might have been their solo equivalent had he not opted for weirdness and creepiness (whiteness); I just don't think Kanye's comparison is THAT far off.

Radiohead's the most influential group of the 2000's-2010's, but they're nowhere near even Nirvana-level popularity. Kanye has the mass cultural zeitgeist wrapped around his little finger. Or at least, he did... he's starting to sound a bit like a meth-head, and I'm not super happy about that. Hopefully he calms down a tick so he doesn't allow fuckers like Kimmel to completely assassinate his character.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|