Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 12.20.2007, 12:34 AM   #98
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
well, first and formost i should say that its rediculous and absurd that the term(s) "selling out" are derogatory. i mean...selling out is whenever ya change either a way of thought or an approach on something to something else...and wether it be good or bad...metallica certainly did that on the black album.

The shitty term "selling out" refers to a band changing their sound to fit in or whatever - they're selling themselves to make money. it's not when a band changes their sound for artistic pleasure, otherwise you could count Ride the Lightning as their 'sell out' album as it was different than Kill 'Em All. Infact people claimed they sold out during Kill 'Em All because they signed to a major. It's a redundant and boring term to describe music as.

The "selling out" album if you really want to get anal and use such silly terminology would be St.Anger considering they tried to get the sound of the current times. They didn't do this with the Black album - other metal bands fucking copied them.