View Single Post
Old 07.28.2015, 04:07 PM   #39567
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Well, this is true. I think I learned this lesson when I started working part-time as a college student. My first job was working in the men's department of an upscale department store. I'd get assigned the usual shit work in my shift, like folding sweaters, putting prices on things, etc., between helping customers. The manager would get tired of giving me new things to do because I'd get them done so fast. He never told me directly but I could see the exhaustion in his face as he tried to come up with more busy work for me. SO I slowed down, even left work for the next shift, and he started liking me much more.

funny thing, i used to work for these korean grocery owners. it was always more, more, more, more, faster, faster, faster. there was never a lack of work to do.

but you know, owners watch their businesses like hawks, unlike "managers" from some anonymous remote enterprise.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|