View Single Post
Old 01.02.2016, 02:08 PM   #10
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Also - new Lupe Fiasco album "DROGAS" coming soon. Here's the cover art:

Personally I think Lupe should take a break. Tetsuo & Youth was an unexpected success for the guy, whose last few albums have struggled. Tetsuo might not have been a massive commercial success compared to Food & Liquor, but it was kind of a cult favorite. I think he should just sit back and let that album sizzle for a bit. Count himself lucky for the rebound. I can see Tetsuo gaining an 808's & Heartbreak-status if he gives the world more time to digest it.

Making an album about drugs seems like a step in the wrong direction, back into the cookie cutter world of once-a-year rap releases focused on guns and drugs. He should push the artistic shit harder, because let's face it, the guy's done being a RAP heavyweight. He needs to evolve into a *musical* force... again, like Kanye... I know... I say Kanye a lot... But truth be told, Kane's the only motherfucker who's managed to successfully transcend hip-hop and avoid the novelty effect.

Maybe Pharrell too. But shit, Pharrell's kinda lame.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|