Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'm in a very good mood today, basically don't give a fuck about working today, so I'm blasting Siouxie and the Banshees in my headphones, drinking green tea and want to talk nonsense.
Go ahead, start.
• What do you do for a living?
• Why Siouxie and the Banshees? Follow-up: what's your favorite S&TB song?
• Who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku from DragonBall Z? I say Superman because frankly I don't know anything about DBZ other than that it's awful, but some nerds really get into this debate. Fucked if I know why.
• Joy Division only dropped two brilliant proper albums, while the Cure has something like 15, ranging from brilliant to pretty fucking missable. I would argue that JD is the better band, but I feel that the Cure is the band I "like" more, simply because they have more material that is good, even if none of it is better than JD.
- Is this reasoning sound? If not, tell me why.
- Follow-up: Can you make a case for the opposing side of this argument?
• Can you make a case for my books? I have so many, and they're all different sizes, and I'm not fancy enough to go to IKEA. I'd pay you if you were able to construct a prototype of a case that would comfortably fit every book in my collection, without requiring any bending or sideways stacking.
• There is a special gun that shoots bullets at a the same velocity every time it fires. Each bullet continues to travel on a "straight" path until it hits something (it will follow the curve of the Earth and circle the world forever if nothing is in its path), and when it does hit its target, each bullet pierces exactly 1.11 meters of matter before stopping. No matter what the object is or how far away it is, these special bullets WILL go through EXACTLY 1.11 meters.
- What happens if the target is less than 1.11 meters?
- Can you make me this gun?
- Follow-up: Can you make a case for this gun? Like, for me to carry it in?