View Single Post
Old 12.16.2006, 08:50 PM   #8
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
I've just returned after a great show and two bottles of wine..

Show in Berlin was pretty cool.. Berliners really love SY! After they did two encores, stage technicians started to put away mics and effect pedals, etc.. but the audience wanted a 3rd encore and screamed for 15mins.. then the lights went out again and stage hands set everything up again, for another song.. SY finishing the set and 3rd encroe with Kool Thing..

(BTW, The same happened in Berlin in 2002, when I saw SY for the first time.. back then, they played an amazing version of Brother James)

Earlier one, Kim asked if anyone in the audience went to ATP, and then dedicated "Neutral" to "all the boys who went to ATP"..

Met a lot of people from the german SY board (www.dirtysy.de), and had a real cool time..

P.S.: J Mascis was pretty cool too! But he started really early.. tickets said 20:00, but he came on stage 19:35.. so a lot of people missed the first 3-4 songs. He was playing solo, and it was nice to see him performing on his own.. I've already seen Dinosaur 4 times (2 times last WE, hehe), so this was a whole new experience.. i really loved the solo version of Alone, which he played using a looper.
Bastian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|