View Single Post
Old 06.05.2008, 09:23 AM   #24
Sucklechimp
little trouble girl

Sucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
you love it

This actually is the album that truly got me into Sonic Youth. I had heard Daydream Nation before, but I never really got it. I was a dumb ass musically noninvigorated teenager, so I can forgive myself. It's an easy record to get into; it is their least noisiest by a long shot. Actually, I can't think of hearing any actual noise freakouts on that record.

Experimental Jet Set is my least favorite album of theirs, because as others have stated, it's not a cohesive record, and it sounds like they were riding the wave of 90's ... whatever. But the songs are still awesome, and it's fun to listen to it every once in a while. Woooo! I'm coming home momma!

EDIT: Yeah, the choose your own cover art was awesome. I loved the postcards! Especially the black and white one of Steve drumming. That's a cool photo.
Sucklechimp is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|