View Single Post
Old 09.30.2016, 10:52 AM   #7633
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Atletico exploit the vogue for possession, so theoretically the best way to counter them is to force possession onto them, to draw their defence out. (According to match stats, Bayern had nearly 70% of possession.) But then possession based teams aren't usually best equipped to sit deep for any sustained period. Although in terms of personnel available, I'd say Bayern are a team that can play both. In fact the speed they have makes them perhaps even better suited to counterattack.

An interesting article I found re Simeone's tactics vs Mourinho's

http://theinsidechannel.com/guide-at...diego-simeone/
bayern under heynckes could change tactics very well. took him 3 years to get there but that's how they won the CL. they excelled at possession and direct football when they wanted.

pep made them magnificent at one thing but totally ruined the flexibility. like indiana jones having to fight that swordsman with his whip because he sold the gun.

i haven't seen enough of ancelotti yet to say where he's going, but this week bayern lacked speed. it didn't help that costa was injured or robben was just coming out of some recovery phase, but i also think that it was mostly atléticos pressure that neutered them.

and that looks like a GREAT article. i was looking for something like that the other day to help me decipher but had zero luck finding. gonna get past the quick browse now and give it a deep read. a big thanks.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|