View Single Post
Old 04.10.2007, 02:18 PM   #23
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
I keep one of my guitars completely free from strings!

It's a horribly cheap Squire Stratocaster thats been bashed around far too much over the years! The pick-ups were pretty shit to start off with but I think I've fucked em up even more now. Early attempts at Tom Morello style toggle switching have completley buggered the shitty little pickup selector, so much so that just shaking the guitar randomly changes the pick-up selected. With each pickup giving off a different tone and to some extent style (ie one is just a consistent drone, one crackles a lot and jumps around from pitch to pitch and one gives off the really harsh as fuck squeal) of feedback, I just lean against my equally as shitty Fender practise amp (with a hole smashed through the front of course) with the gain and volume up full blast and rattle the guitar around a bit.

Raking various mettalic objects over the pickups (coins work especially well) gives off some HORRIBLE grinding sounds. But really, just experiment and see what works best!

Ive also removed the back plate so I can get to the springs and some of the electronics in the back of the body and ram drumsticks and stuff in there.

But yeah, just experiment and see what happens. Thats the best way...

Oh and pedals (I particularly like phasers) and electronics work well but I prefer guitar noise best as its more interesting trying to work out how various sounds were made with the most basic of equipment in my eyes.

Hope that helps a bit

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|