View Single Post
Old 04.21.2018, 09:38 PM   #49588
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've no idea about major or minor chords but I still hear plenty of hooks in Dino and JAMC. They were just influenced by different bands/sounds.

I disagree that Spacemen 3 improved on JAMC but that's just a taste thing. I hear no connection whatsoever between Spiritualised and the JAMC.

I hear no connection between J&MC and Nirvana, past J&MC’s early singles and hits of Psychocandy. Totally different sonic beasts.

None of these bands wrote songs like Nirvana. I prefer some of these bands to Birvana personally, but the conversation was about whether or not Nirvana was musically interesting. I think it’s insane to suggest they weren’t. Still shocking that their songs were radio hits. I loved through it and yet I can barely imagine it. Seems almost inconceivable now. That alone is interesting.

Again, anyone know of a band that sounds like Nirvana? Hits the same buttons as Nirvana? Because I kind of don’t. Certainly not at the international level.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|