View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 07:33 AM   #168
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
well it's a good album (not their best), i don't think that every album i like has to be "challenging" or "groundbreaking". then again i've listened to it only a few times then moved on, so maybe i shouldn't have listed it.
you're exactly right in that, and that's the point to which I take umbrage. while I'm not a fan of their music, its purpose is blatantly obvious (party timezzzz wooohoooo) and in that context it's perfect, it always has been. my problem lies in that their music is indubitably devoid of substance, it's just rehashed pop detritus. their is nothing even remotely innovative about it, but if one were to go on daft punk's own descriptions of their music one would think they were reinventing the fucking wheel. they operate under the illusion that regression is a means of progression ('disco is the future', 'we're better than you because we're the only people who use fucking analog equipment' which isn't even close to the truth), a standpoint to which I am vehemently opposed given how patently fucking absurd it is, and to have individuals of their stature (with the undeniable influence they exert over popular culture) openly stating that primitivism equates to innovation just makes me sick, and leads me to conclude that they're either horribly ignorant or just arrogant arseholes. pretentious twats.

to get on topic....

rene hell - vanilla call option. for fans of hecker, ae, russell haswell etc.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|