Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.08.2009, 08:54 AM   #46
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I think there is a second side to the coin that a lot of fans of, I guess, "controversial" bands like the Gossip are just, if not moreso, obsessed with the controversy around the groups image to an equal extent as their music. The group proves something or exposes something that the fans identify with and champion. It's kind of a self-fulfilling banner flung which has faint traces of revolutionary idealism, though be it in a single issue.

the gossip have always been pretty forward about their politics of gay rights and all. and yes, i can totally admit that one of the reasons i'm a fan is because the music is so queer and i can identify with it.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|