View Single Post
Old 07.21.2010, 07:19 AM   #5301
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux
Way to rain on my new wu parade... : (
Well I did only pay about 10 dollars for the lot of them

hahaha sorry man. Still there's good SONGS on each of those. They're just not solid LP's.

MADE IN BROOKLYN is okay. Just a real let-down after NO SAID DATE which was one of the best Wu related albums in Yeeeeeeeeears. There's a a track produced by MF Doom, but it's a beat used in one of skits and the instrumental had been out for years, although on MK's track the beat is slowed down. Hmm.

TICAL 2000 is the best of the 3 you bought. I just didn't really like the production on this one. It's a bit too um.. like I think he was aiming for the radio a bit on this one. It's just not as dirty and creepy and heavy as on TICAL. Also I find this album too kind of a mess. Too long. Too many ideas thrown together. Too I don't know... confused? But there's some good stuff on it. Yo'ull probably like this one.

OSIRIS is pretty good. "Pop Shots" is excellent. I nver really understood this one> I guess it was outtakes from ASON UNIQUE or maybe it was meant to like prequel ASON UNIQUE -- but then ASON never came out. Or at least not last I knew about it. I think there was a promo LP of it that was officially released. ANd there was an album leak. But it's weird that it never came out and there was no real reason why. I remember that even magazines reviewed it (the leak or the promo, I'mnot sure). Anyway. I'm rambling. OSIRIS is a mix of good songs and throwaways, just like most "official mixtapes" of its type.

having said that... I bought all 3 as well. They're good to hav e even if only for certain songs.