View Single Post
Old 02.11.2009, 03:32 PM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm currently listened to the entire merzbox AGAIN. Not in one sitting and it will probably take a few weeks, but I'm listening to it all on headphones this time.. last time (a good 5 or 6 years ago), I mainly listened out of my computer speakers.

Anyway, a lot these albums are really great. I find most of the discs extremely interesting. There's some pure bullshit here or there but I'm surprised by some of the experiments on here. Bizarre detuned piano and prepared guitar stuff here or there, gongs (probably sampled), what appears to be Merzbow making food, breathing, coughing, burping, fixing a hole in his wall or whatever... also, as a bonus, a nice smooth free jazz set at some Russian festival and pure rock action. I don't think any of the discs approach Pulse Demon or Rainbow Electronics, but SONS OF SLASH NOISE METAL and the 4 SCUM (Scissors for Cutting Up Merzbow) albums on here are really awesome.

I definitely reccomend downloading this and burning it!!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|