View Single Post
Old 05.17.2015, 02:55 PM   #38682
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
So I had my third Dj gig the other day. It was met with almost universal acclaim. But I had this guy explain to me how spoiled Djs these days are and how back in the day he'd carry around two cases full of CDs and yadda yadda yadda.

Then there was this other guy who told me that I should play more "dancable" stuff and asked me why I'm mostly playing B-sides. I told him that there are more than enough events that happily oblige to this same-old floorfiller mentality.

I partly created this event because I was frustrated with the way most goth-events around here treat their musical repertoire. Frequenting them, one could think all of those bands only ever released one or two songs. No wild cards, no innovation in their setlists. It's not that I didn't play any classics, but it's also one of my trademarks to try new things and give some well-deserved love to overlooked gems.

But I'm really glad that several people commended me for doing exactly that. I certainly put a lot of time and effort into it and it's always nice to actually see it get some credit.

congrats for all that.

but i'm also curious about the videos you played!

cmon, you got us involved. now tell.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|