View Single Post
Old 05.27.2008, 04:56 PM   #211
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Radiohead and Neutral Milk aren't bad bands...

But I agree they are disappointing, and I think that echoes a post I made earlier in the thread... "disappointment" is definitely relative to how much hype a band gets.. which is a pretty obvious point to make, sure, but it's still worth stating again.

Radiohead, I think, made one REALLY great albums, but look at a mediocre, boring shitfest like In Rainbows -- even people enthusiastic about that one when it came out don't give a shit about it now. If it was just some random band, it'd probably get a listen and I'd go, "Oh, that was alright." But since every fucking person/journalist/etc in America jerks off to Thom Yorke's lazy eye, that's where the disappointment comes in: If you were to actually bother listening to people, you'd think Radiohead were gods or something. When in fact they're just average in every way.

Except kid A. That album's great.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|