View Single Post
Old 06.03.2014, 04:28 PM   #173
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I understand completely the swans fans lamentations but again I think its not fair. Gira did the heavy lifting even for early swans, so if he feels like his newer music is still swans that is his right as an artist isn't it? Artists are people too, they change and evolve. Its been said this is a caricature of swans, I disagree, if gira would have tried to fake the intrinsic nihilism of hia earlier perspective THAT wouldve been a caricature. If anything, taking the risk of trying something fundamentally different is the sign of sincere art for art's sake
To be honest when I went to see them last week to me they sounded and looked like rock dinosaurs enjoying their fame. Nevermind their early records, which I've never been too much of a fan of because the stuff they were singing about I enjoy more via visual art, books, theatre and occasionally movies. Rock music is the tamest medium for grief as far as I can see. Their early records never sounded heavy even from a sound perspective if compared to a band like, say, Einsturzende Neubauten.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|