View Single Post
Old 05.28.2014, 10:47 PM   #168
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
People hold onto their perspective, and I totally understand it. There are several bands who I totally adore particular records from, but otherwise don't listen to. It is what it is. The better part is just the fact that Swans or whatever folks want to call or think of it as are putting out great, challenging, inspiring art for us. This record has already inspired me on my guitarwork into certain directions. Also, I agree completely, those who have said the 30 minutes on The Seer or To Be Kind are pointless, I disagree, the 20 minutes of The Diamond Sea or the middle 20 minutes of Dark Star are WAY more insignificant than any of those sound collages of the past two records. By the way, I may be sounding like hyperbole, but you should know that I haven't read a music magazine, blog, or article since I was in middle school to I am influenced on this solely by my own experience of these records. I have literally read NOTHING about them from ANYWHERE other than this forum. I just really like these records

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|