View Single Post
Old 02.02.2017, 07:33 PM   #2203
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Okay. I've been a dick.

The Holocaust was epoch shattering. It brought Enlightenment principles to a crashing end. It is no longer possible to seriously believe in things such as democracy, technological progress, or the palliative nature of high culture anymore. These things either failed, or turned against us and brought us about as low as we can go as a species.

And of course I vomit and cry at the long list of 20th Century atrocities, but as far as sheet historical weight goes, there is no proper modern analogy. Nothing is "like" it, because if it was, it would mean the utter failure of the very few things we still hold on to as "good" in our civilization. Might as well call off the human experiment entirely.

That said, the Nazis were more than the Holocaust, and analogies in that sense abound.

Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15G5VO?il=0

Only a fucking American Nazi would give American Nazis a fucking pass. This is scary shit. Makes me grumpy and not post as well as I should.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|