View Single Post
Old 09.26.2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Man, I hope it's lo-fi. I know that sounds faggy as hell, but the last few GbV albums were too glossy and poppy for my tastes. I miss the hissing tape and analogue sounds of "Tractor Rape Chain".

GbV is a really great band, but frankly they've released almost as much crap as they have good stuff.

Not into the unabashed, blatant, over, faux-British accent Pollard affects, particularly in his live shows. However, they're a great live band.

I'm excited.

Next, Pavement.

Huh? UTBUTS is more "produced" and that is widely seen as one of his best works along with his first couple solo albums and some Boston Spaceships albums. I don't want them to make it lo-fi to get a point across, but (thankfully) they wouldn't do that to play up to their shitty AllMusic bio. I'm already hating seeing people who know Game of Pricks from the It Crowd keep being pretend music journalist to their friends and saying things about how it will be a return to lo-fi.

In other words, those days are long behind Robert Pollard.

And Pavement is done, Malkmus even said that in an interview for Mirror Traffic. I think that's for the best though, I really do.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|