View Single Post
Old 06.30.2007, 11:40 AM   #92
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The definition of pretentious, which you so kindly provided, says characterised by pretension. Which is to say that the implication of your post is that either the listeners to classical music are pretentious, or the music itself is pretentious, or most likely both. Which is, in essence, calling the music and its appreciators 'frauds', by the Websters definition. I would take that as a direct insult by inference, and I'm not the most overly sensitive of people.

The assumption that rock n' roll and classical music are somehow mutually exclusive is, frankly, horseshit. That's like saying that rock n' roll dismissed the need for klezmer or jazz or gagaku or something. It's a big world. Just because you don't get classical doesn't mean that it's pretentious. Just because I don't understand what strikes me as a horrible religion doesn't mean I want to slag it off. Although I will say "the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him" sounds like a white rasta to me.

That made me laugh! Racist!