Thread: Plot synopses.
View Single Post
Old 03.21.2006, 02:45 PM   #1
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone know anything about writing a plot synopsis, ie. what information is vital and what isn't. Should I describe all of the main characters, or just stick to things really basic? This is what I'm working with for my graphic novel proposal; tell me what you think. (The wording is a bit sloppy, I've just been throwing ideas together haphazardly.)

Starland is a semi-classical tragic plot that takes place in an imagined post-modern setting based on a historically revised version of the southern U.S.--specifically Savannah, GA. The main character, John Tollier, is a poet in search of truth. He lives in the Starland District, which serves as the almost-anarchic neutral zone between the two governments that control seperate halves of the City. He is kidnapped by slave traders who sell him to an oil company, and is forced to spend the rest of his life working on one of their freighters. It is the reader's job to figure out, as the story progresses, who amongst the group of businessmen, drug dealers, professional murderers, police officers, politicians, and petty criminals with whom he has regular dealings is responsible for getting rid of him and what their motives are in doing so.