View Single Post
Old 10.20.2017, 05:01 AM   #49217
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
"Learn To Fly" is one I can't separate from the nostalgia, so I know I'm not being unbiased.

"Stitches" is very good. "MIA" is another fav on there.

I used to listen to this record and think about my high school girlfriend. I’d lie in bed, put this on, along with some other unrepentantly uber-emotional crap like Blink 182’s Dude Ranch (DON’T JUDGE YOUNG ME!!! — I also listened to Sonic Youth and Aphex Twin like crazy, but they didn’t cut it for girl stuff) when I wanted to just sink into the drama of high school relationships.

“MIA” is ok.

But I think the last Foos song that really did it for me was “Gimme Stitches.” And that was a massive step down from “My Hero,” which was one of the only moments on “The Colour and the Shape” that wasn’t a massive step down from the worst moments on self-titled.

I’m just not a Foos guy. I’ve seen them live several times and I’ve met Dave, because I *used* to be a Foos in the post-Nirvana void of high school. But there’s no going back for me.

Still, to this day, both the song and video for “My Hero” get me right in the gut.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|