View Single Post
Old 10.20.2007, 11:12 AM   #915
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
funeral rites by jean genet, i'd recommend it.

Having read, I think, all of his books available in English, I'd say this was his best. He's an awesome writer, I always entirely forget how brilliant he is. If you've not read Bataille yet I can't recommend him highly enough. In a similar vein, but darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Almost painfully, but with much anticipation still, Hegel's Phenomenology of the Spirit.
Just a sort of prelude to my rereading it and maybe understanding it.

I admire you for trying. I can't think of anyone I've met that happily says they've got that book... bearing in mind that, unlike a lot of people, I know about 30-odd who've tried. It's a fucking monster of pain. Which reminds me, must batter my head against it again at some point in the future.

I'm dipping in and out of Kant's 3rd Critique and Deleuze's 1000 plateaus with a side-order of re-reading Homer for my lunch breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|