View Single Post
Old 02.16.2014, 01:30 PM   #33
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude McDude
shit, fans are merciless

People who aren't Sonic Youth fans are way more dismissive and critical. The fact I started a thread about Thurston's latest music is a clear sign that I still care in some shape or form. I just happen to think his standards have gone down a lot when it comes to writing a good song. He used to be a brilliant songwriter, and occasionally he still seems to do some great stuff when he's messing around in his more free-form ''projects'' (what a word). Chances are that he doesn't care about what me and you have to say anyway. Why should he care? He's made some great music and influenced other musicians and fans a lot more than anyone could ask for. That doesn't mean one should suddenly go deaf and become an idiot. You already have legions of Smiths fans for that sort of thing.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|