View Single Post
Old 12.29.2009, 04:50 PM   #98
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
Right. I just don't understand why you seem to want an unified form of christianity. I don't think that would make it more tolerant, possibly the opposite towards non-christians?

As for history, all groups of people have attacked and killed each other based on many things, mostly just being different. That is not going to change by uniting people through religion.

People have to learn democracy and tolerance by law and education and keep religion as something private to be respected.

I understand your good intentions in what you're saying, but your speech has some contradictions, I can't help myself.

whoa whoa whoa.. who said anything about a unified form of Christianity? That would simply be another denomination which in time, would splinter away as the others.. I simply want Christians to stop all the in-fighting and inter-christian prejudice.. I understand your point entirely, and I agree with you largely in this regard. But in general, I promote tolerance, empathy and mutual understanding amongst ALL humans, but Christians especially, after all, these very principles are supposed to be the foundation of Christianity or any religion in the first place

religion can remain private as you say, but in people's private minds they should be wary of harboring prejudice, bigotry and ignorance in the name of so-called piety or religion.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|