Thread: Danava...
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2009, 08:34 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone else into this band? I thought I've seen them mentioned here. I have had thier record "UnonoU" for a while now, but just recently I've realized that it and thier "S/T" record are some of the most original and pure rocking things I've heard these days. The band is pretty young but has already fully realized thier sound. And what a sound it is. Almost reminds me of Sparks "Hello Young Lover", as that album combines operatic like glam-prog instrumental and vocal passages with straight up pre-thrash hard rock riff ragers. This album is like that only the whole thing is riff ragers. I'm hearing Thin Lizzy as well. Also the occasional nice synth sound to liven the mood. Seriously, there really is no other band doing anything remotely like this, a totally unique thing going on here.

I might as well mention Endless Boogie here as well. Thier recent full length album is fucking phenomenal and essential for any lover of psychedelic rock. It sounds like the absolute best parts of a ZZ top song stretched out to about 15 minutes. Think the ZZ dudes heading out to the desert and dropping peyote, and managing to use batteries and plug in and put all the volume up to ten, past that even, the bass and guitar then start a virtuosic rhythm that then just locks in and doesn't break throughout the duration of the song, this gives room for ol Billy Gibbons to shred and rip his guitar around like a drugged wildman all while slowing his early 70s talk style of singing to a slow gargle of random slurs. Except the band is Endless Boogie and there are two guitars going to fucking war. The vocals are really how I said though; just nonsensical talking and mumbling and screeching; they sound awesome. The real mindblower though is the rhythm section; like I said, they just stay locked into this amazing power-tribal pattern that crushes as much as it hypnotizes, they leave so much room for the guitars to just freak out but never lose rhythm. Fucked up band. Droning COCK Rock I'll call it.

Kind of a rant but these bands both have been blowing my mind.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|