View Single Post
Old 04.19.2007, 11:14 PM   #3
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
It's not just punk

That's exactly the point. I do think it's records like this one that made punk rock worthwhile. I mean the majority of so-called punk music is just boring and unchallenging, and I don't mean it as a criticism of their musicianship, but rather an overall lack of creativity. A lot of those groups were good for maybe one or two songs, and a lot of the time not even that. The hostile mentality toward chart music is also off-putting. Iggy sounds great singing over beats that wouldn't feel out of place on a disco record.

Anyway what I'm probably trying to say here is that I really like the Birthday Party a great deal, because that's usually what I do in the Non-Sonic Sounds section. But this is a thread about "The Idiot", which is good too.

Also, Stroszek is a great movie. It is my favorite movie. I guess it's considered a bit depressing, but when I watch it now I just think that it's very good.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|