View Single Post
Old 04.19.2007, 09:59 PM   #1
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
My dad gave me a bunch of vinyl for christmas including new stuff as well as a bunch of "oldies". Included in this was Iggy Pop's "the Idiot". Before he forced me to listen to it, my dad told me that he used to piss of his most indie homies with this record and i would like it. We listened to it; it's fucking insane! Everything goes perfectly together in a totally fucked up way. The whole thing sounds really dark, the production is extremely murky and bass heavy. This is made even more enjoyable by the odd synth noises and 80's drum sound, the whole thing is so cool and out there. Really , this record sounds like nothing else..it's such a DIRGE, its so slow and muggy sounding. The best thing on here is undoubtably the last track, Mass Production. It starts out with a echoed synth growl somewhere in the desert, or sea.. whatever. The sound gets louder and finaly hunt sales comes in with one of his messy, inventive fills and kicks into the most awesome "dirge" ever. the bass is heavy and unrelenting, Iggy howls in a haunting monotone. The best part is like halfway though when these weird out-of-tune "yow" noises take over. It's awesome.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had any love for this record/ song?
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|