View Single Post
Old 10.03.2006, 04:01 PM   #2
hanji
empty page

hanji has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by next step
I already asked this in the old board but I want ask it again cause I'd like to know more informations about these gtrs before to get one. I mean gtrs just with the aluminium neck like Travis Bean and Kramer......

Don't know much about Kramers but I own a TB1000 Standard, and it's awesome! Best guitar I've ever owned. These days, Beans are super hard to come by, the best place to learn about them is visit TravisBeanGuitars.com for the info.. they have a forum, eBay auctions, etc.

On another post, I mentioned Electrical Guitar Company as an alternative option to the Bean. They're new, they're in production now, and the guy has replicated the Bean tone pretty accurately! I also own one of these (a Standard) and it sounds great.

Normally aluminum neck guitars have a unique tone, which I'm sure you're aware of.. but I think the secret is the pickup position related to the neck. Both Electricals and Beans, the pickups are bolted right on the metal, causing that aggressive reaction with magnets and generating killer mean tone. I don't think the rest do that... I might be wrong. Other aluminum names to look for are Vaccaro and Veleno.

hanji
hanji is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|