View Single Post
Old 03.22.2016, 03:08 AM   #144
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I'm glad you enjoyed the LOW recording!

I am fascinated by norwegian artists like Guro Skumsnes Moe, Håvard Skaset, Stine Janvin Motland, Lasse Marhaug... all of whom are interdisciplinary artists. I see Jenny Hval as an integral part of that scene (if you'd wanna call it that). I don't really follow Sacred Bones (Besides "Apocalypse, Girl", I only have their reissues of David Lynch's work and a few records by Zola Jesus). She is considered a radical artist in Norway, even if her musical language can be pretty much considered to be pop music. Conceptually, the latest record is about the apocalypse as a personal, intimate tragedy. I was shaken by her performance, at one point she dared people to cry, and themes of death, tears, blood, alienation... were omnipresent throughtout the show. It all ended on a miserable note when she put on Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness"...

Later, Håvard Volden & Jenny Hval signed my copy of "Apocalypse, Girl", and that vanished all thoughts about death which had been lingering on my mind after watching their performance.

It was my first time seeing Acid Mothers Temple. I had seen Kawabata Makoto perform twice last year. One of those shows was pretty fucking wild, and the other was very beautiful. Their concert was like a total barrier of sound, with very few moments of melodic passages. Psychedelic imagery all around.

It was truly wonderful to see Slowdive. They've always been one of my favorite bands, so it was another dream come true (as with Low), all in the same weekend. Lovely show, even if not the best technically speaking.

Anyway, I hope to share some of the recordings at some point. Meanwhile, here's video of LOW performing "Pissing" (Alan doing the Hendrix move at the end of the song, people went nuts):
https://vimeo.com/159899685

hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|