View Single Post
Old 04.02.2014, 09:30 AM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
but that doesn't mean there is no Creator -

reality is simply perception - and consciousness isn't limited to the placement of your skull.

I was talking about this with my wife last night.

I have been reading a TON about the history of religions and gods and the development of deities throughout recorded history.
Most all religions reach a place where the philosophers detach the deity from the personal day to day life of humanity and the world, and label the deity (whether Zeus, Yahweh, Allah, Mithra, Ahura Mazda, etc) as the ALL, the unknowable whole.

this sometimes results in backlash from the devout, because they like their personal gods, interacting and receiving prayers and rituals and such. If it does not then the gods die because they are useless to the day to day lives of men.

Buddhists do not believe in any creator or god or supreme being. They do not have to worry about pleasing a deity or waiting for a "reward" after a life lived a certain way.

If there is a creator to the Universe, then that creator entity is not one we can ever know, or even begin to approximate. we may as well act as if it is not there.