View Single Post
Old 06.02.2011, 04:09 AM   #44
deadrockstar
little trouble girl

deadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's asses
Saw them last night in Manchester. Truthfully, I only went because of Steve, but they were really quite good. Like proto-yoof meets something joy division-eqsue. They're a bit full on all the time whereas I prefer some more dynamics in my music, but a great way to spend an evening.

Support was interesting - Imra Vep/Sex Hands which seem to be two fronts of the same group. Not sure which is which, but the dude with the guitar alone was really good. Reminded me of Nick Cave for some reason and I'm not keen on Nick Cave, but the dude was great. Very honest music.

Posters had "Disappears (feat. ex-Sonic Youth Steve Shelley)" but by the end of the night someone had tried their best to scrub out the "ex" on them all. Steve says he was kicked out and nobody told him/ he hadn't read pitchfork. He is doing a new record with Disappears arround October and a new Lee record around the end of the year. Result!
deadrockstar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|