View Single Post
Old 12.17.2014, 09:44 AM   #18429
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Please note I put "indie" in quotes. By this I refer not to films made independent olf the studio system, but to films marketed as "indie" so that people will see them. Like when food is labeled "organic"

ha ha ha. very true.

added later: but part of the problem is that with the advent of "big indies" (e.g. tarantino) indies themselves have become a lot more mainstream in their requirements.

Quote:
The term "indie" used to refer to the shit movies I mentioned earlier is fairly recent and did not exist nor apply to movies like Repo Man, Terminator, Platoon, etc...

if you're talking about the marketing label then you're probably right, though (real) independent movies have existed since the dawn of time (e.g., united artists was founded in 1919). fucking marketers!

ps- i just found out that "gone with the wind" was an independent movie.

Quote:
Like "indie" rock. it USED to mean bands released by small independent labels. and now it means softy, acoustic instrumentation and some pussy fuck whining about his bullshit emotions with as little ROCK in it as possible.

i still think of independent in terms of economics, but the word that gets on my last nut is "alternative"-- alternative to what, when it's all the same old recycled shit? e.g., coldplay. ha ha ha ha. fuuuck.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|