View Single Post
Old 09.11.2009, 04:20 AM   #46
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
All fair points, I guess I should restate mine a little.

I think more people should at least respect what the Beatles did for music. Saying such things as "They didn't do anything for music" is absurd to me personally. I really won't say anything more because the Beatles are one of those bands that if you enjoy, you enjoy. If you don't like them, then you're probably not all of a sudden going to have a crush on them, even with their records finally being remastered.

The Beatles annoy me a lot, but it doesn't exactly have anything to do with them as much as it does their status, as weird as that sounds. My dad has told the same Beatles stories for years and seemingly forgets he ranted on it for hours the last time we talked. I hate kids who say how music was better back then with the Beatles yet have "I Want To Hold Your Hand" on their iPod and you mentioned Revolver or the White Album and they have no clue what you're talking about (And probably own a Beatles jacket that they bought from Wal-Mart). Bands who name themselves after a Beatles song (Be more original!). And more recently, kids who bought guitar hero because they want to play the couple Beatles songs they know in it (The other 82 songs be damned). My only reassuring thought is they play and like the songs they don't know from them so they actually buy a couple of their records.

Sorry for the rant. I now feel like a grumbly old dad/grandfather.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|