View Single Post
Old 08.04.2009, 03:25 PM   #30
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
If we were a political band trying to make some sort of statement, I'd probably care more, but...

I think if you honestly get into music, you won't associate songs with products. I'm not afraid to admit that I was one of those people that thought Lust for Life was a jingle for Carnival Cruises; but I didn't know shit about music at the time, so I'll forgive myself. I first heard the Smiths' "How Soon Is Now?" in a Nissan commerical, but I don't associate the song with cars, since I've gotten into the band's music.

I think it depends on what song you use. If it's a song that's old or obscure or both, then it's a little interesting (I was pretty amused to hear "Pictures of You" in a commerical for HP photo printers), but if you use a song that's current and/or plastered all over the radio and everyone knows that the song has absolutely nothing to do with the product being advertised (case in point: whatever company was using the Smashing Pumpkins' "Today"), then it just makes the company look stupid, greedy, etc.