View Single Post
Old 08.04.2009, 03:09 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Who cares what other people think or what image they associate a song with? How many AWESOME songs have shitty music videos? Is the song forever ruined because the band made a shitty music video?

Nearly every band sells out in some way... that's how they succeed. They almost always are going to endorse something and be associated with something shitty. Even Thee Mighty Sonik Youth and the Starbucks debacle.

I just think people think too much about this shit. Who cares? Music is out there and can be used however it needs to be used; applied in any way. Ultimately, the band let this jeans commercial happen, and what can I say? It's a cool commercial. Would I actually buy those jeans? Fuck no! Do I think someone is going to buy those jeans because Sunn was in an ad? Yeah, some weirdo probably will. Does it matter either way?

Well, time to put on my cd-r copy of FLIGHT OF THE BEHEMOTH. I'm going to mark the title out and write "I Dream of JEANie" in place of it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|