View Single Post
Old 09.17.2008, 07:23 AM   #3480
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
You hate Miike eh? What does that have to do with horror anyway? Miike's not a horror director (despite having that shitty episode on Masters of Horror, which is just a terrible show period)... But I'm curious as to how many films you've seen by him then, considering he has somewhere in the range of 80 films.

I don't really like Audition or One Missed Call, and I find Gozu and Ichi the Killer decent. And most of his other films I can take or leave, but the 10 I listed above great.

But yeah, Izo is an amazing psychadelic samurai journey, the Dead or Alive series is a surreal yakuza epic with rocket launchers and robots, Happiness of the Katakuris is a family film with claymation and zombies and singing/dancing, etc. He's actually got a lot of great stuff. He just needs to be a better self-editor.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|