Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.08.2009, 02:56 PM   #66
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
i think i said herself, and the lyrics right?

wasnt their first famous song something about the result of homophobic general feeling stopping civil rights like gay marriage?

because that's what I got.

also sadly being fat and not being afraid of it is not only rare but constitutes subversion of the order nowadays.

these little things, you know, are still more than any other mainstream rock bands have been attempting.

i think she speaks to people, and the kids specially need that.
If by subversion of the order of things you mean that things happen because some homosexual singer writes about injustice perpetuated by a sexual majorioty on a sexual minority. The more tiresome, frustrating, much less glamorourous work that political activists take upon themselves in order to make it a recurrent issue makes her ''subversion'' happen. Beth Ditto is just a reflection of that. I'm glad she exists, and I'm sure she's not just some cynical, opportunistic human being, but that's where her subversion starts and finish, a mere blink in the eye of the perpetuators of injustice.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|