View Single Post
Old 03.30.2017, 11:28 AM   #4612
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It is wild shit. not only do cuttlefish and octopi have advanced problem solving skills, they have been shown to recognize the faces of people they "know", and this has been tested with experiments where three people are all wearing the same clothes and the cuttlefish recognizes the one face he knows from it's care and maintenance. Cuttlefish have each one of their motor and sensory neurons running directly from their location on their skin or muscle into the brain, with no connective neurons. This allows for lighting fast reflexes, color changes, and skin texture changes. Humans, and most any mammal, have ganglia and neurons connected throughout the body, slowing down the reflex time, response times to sensory stimuli.

Octopi, even small ones, are sick smart. They are known to squirt water outside their aquariums at the lights above so as to short circuit them and turn them dark. That takes a certain level of cognition that only dolphins, some higher apes, dogs, elephants, and us humans have been shown to have.