View Single Post
Old 12.01.2016, 10:04 AM   #948
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Louie has not been "funny" for two seasons now.

I am not a fan of sketch comedy. get fed up. Monty Python's jokes were always too "Brit" for my sense of humor. never got it, and when I got old enough to "get it" I found the jokes stupid and obvious.
last louie i watched was when he buys a motorcycle haaa haaa haa. but then lost track.

and yeah, that monty python style is not for everyone, but i enjoy the way they commit themselves to absurdity.

i think in american tv there aren't a lot of "cultural" shows like those parodied here outside of pbs, but in latin america and europe there's always these interviews with some erudite shit...

i guess the last one of those is charlie rose if he's still on (i used to watch it religiously) but not quite the same. in the US you get the talk show in the johnny carson model where celebrities come peddle their stuff. there's jokes, there's a jazz band, celebrity comes in ad pushes their product briefly, a comedian does standup, etc

but in more government-oriented tv it's like, you get 1/2 hour of more of "heavy culture" that you sit through with these professorial types. buckley was like that for politics, with his little mouth, rambling about shit.

what's the equivalent for art, books, opera, etc? was there ever a show like that here? charlie rose is close but no cigar-- rose seems to be more about "success".
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|