View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 07:31 PM   #482
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
You make some really good points, and discrimination is something we all witness on a daily basis, so i'm not going to pretend that doesn't exist.

But i'll suggest that the elites encourage this racialization--it's not just "the people". I mean, i've never been to a country so obsessed with "race."

I don't disagree with this, but in the American experience race is so important and common because it has been structurally embedded into every aspect of our lives because of systematic racism. As we spend the years dissassembling the racist super structure, (ala The Pyramid by Octavio Paz) we inherently have to come to terms with it all hence why in popular discourse, conversation, and imagination race (for better or worse) has such a prominent role.

Quote:

Like, one day I call the cops to report an erratic truck driver and instead of asking me to describe the truck in more detail the cop asks "what's the race of the driver".

That is different, that was for the police to have a visual description so they know what to look for. Though in truth its also racist, subconsciously to the police can know how to react. If its whites, use the kid gloves, it not, bring the brutality.

Quote:

Race is part of the official discourse here. It's perpetuated by the state. Even in the name of promoting equality, it perpetuates the division and delusion instead of teaching people to look at their common humanity. It pisses me off to no end. TO NO FUCKING END.

yes but that is the state using the reality that race has become so embedded in the societal experience that the state uses race to manipulate people for political agendas.

I for one would love to live in a "truly post-racial society" but before we can ever get there we have to continue to have open and frequent discussion precisely ABOUT race so we can untangle the Gordian Knot and finally be free.

Then we can live with racial identification as a net POSITIVE, as a way to better understand each other rather than divide.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|