View Single Post
Old 01.29.2015, 07:10 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
At that price range you can really take your pick of celestions.. i don't recommend mixing speakers, when going 2x12 a pair is usually better. For the sound you want id go with celestion heritage 12h or the g12m creamback. They are balanced but "hot" enough for more tonal but with more clarity. There is also the Lynchback which is a beast of a speaker with more low end. Since you're concerned about weight you can check the specs but with 2 the inpact will be much less than the 4 your used to lugging around. Also these speakers sound better in open backed cabinet

I prefer the Blue Marvels by Peavey but they have more low end and crunch, especially at a high volume. I think you'd be better suited to the celestians since you've used them before. What celestians do you have in your 4x12 rig?

Also there are many other brands but i only have experience with these two brands.. my fav speakers all time were these beat up "crate customs" but who knows why they sounded so good cuz really everything about crate usually sucks bad. It was in a vintage early 80s 2x12 that waa not widely released

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|