View Single Post
Old 07.27.2011, 05:38 AM   #3
bloodcrystallisetosand
bad moon rising

bloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's asses
Yes! A bit of Ikara love is always a good idea. Such an amazing band, the b-sides off that first album are pretty killer too - check out 'Kite' with the lass singing (Tracey Bellaries, I think? Claire Ingram was the one who came in for the second album if memory serves), the line "I see everything in black and white/I see everything though your eyes" always gets me, lots of conviction. The drummer is shit hot, plays faster than anyone this side of Slayer. No flashiness, just pure fucking speed. The kind of album that makes you feel invincible - One Note comes roaring in as you leave the house and you WANT people to kick off so you can do 'em in. Second album, Modern Feeling, wasn't quite as good - more self-consciously poppy so the hooks were still there (killer hooks, too) but the shambling scuzz element was weakened a bit. Still worth a blast, mind.
bloodcrystallisetosand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|