Thread: Woody Allen
View Single Post
Old 03.17.2011, 08:01 AM   #31
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
his newest film was complete garbage. Actually, he hasn't made anything good in like 7 years. WHATEVER WORKS starts out okay -- like a lost episode of CURB or something -- but doesn't amount to much.

I've seen every film he's ever made. He's one of my favorite directors, definitely one of rthe best of all time, despite not making mny great films this decade.HUSBANDS AND WIVES, CELEBRITY, STARDUST MEMORIES, ANNIE HALL, MANHATTAN, DECONSTRUCTING HARRY, CRIMES AND MISEAMEANORS, LOVE AND DEATH, and so on and so on. I even like HOLLYWOOD ENDING a lot, as far as his somewhat recent films go. My main criticism with Woody is that so many of his films feel EXACTLY the same; I have scenes that blend together, if you get my drift... like, some scenes from some movies seem like they could've been in other movies.. it's cuz he often uses the same cast, e directs every film the same, every film LOOKS the same, all the films have the same musical score... hell, even the title sequences are always EXACTLY the same..

for those not familiar with his works, I reccomend his black and white films (especially CElebrity, which is just godlike, though a lot of people don't seem to like it), deconstructing, and annie hall.

Dude's obviously a genius, and writes some of the best dialogue ever, if not THE best. He's probably the best mainstream director of all time, next to Hitchcock.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|