View Single Post
Old 01.30.2015, 10:49 AM   #114
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I really feel sorry for Big Sean. The consensus seems to be that he's pretty much just corny and terrible. I actually rocked "Hall of Fame" for like 2 straight weeks when I picked it up because it reminded me of Graduation. And because I'm a staunch supporter of G.O.O.D., and I love the shit out of every single moment on "Cruel Summer."

But he's just not on the same level as Pusha-T or T-Pain or Keef or any of the other artists that have aligned themselves with Ye and his label. So yeah, eventually I stopped listening altogether and the "Methadone for Kanye" effect wore off and I just wanted the real goddamn thing.

But I still think his style is an excellent addition to a group track. "Control" was SEAN's single after all, even if Kendrick got all the buzz.

I'm tempted to not even listen to the new Big Sean singles because I hate seeing the guy get blasted in the comments sections of itunes and datpiff and hiphopdx... It's just sad. He's a truly grateful guy, and I think that's obvious. He's definitely an underdog, and he's lacking the personality offered by the 2 Chainz and Pusha's of the world... But does he deserve to be crucified? Fuck no.

Anyway, I will have to check the new song due to the presence of Mr. West.

But personally I'm in Sean's corner and always have been.

I'm also starting to hat Drake. Yeah, he guested on a "remix" of one of 2014's best songs that sounded exactly like the original only with MORE non-rapping... and yeah, Nothing Was the Same ended up packing a lasting punch, but I'm so fucking tired of his name and voice and stupid face turning up everywhere.

I'd rather have Sean leading the industry than Drake. The guy is going to be a "I love the 00's" punchline on VH1 in 2030. I mean, just thinking about his "story" and sprinkling in a few of the more popular viral images of the last few years makes me question the sanity of this generation. Is this the long term effect of fluoride consumption?

Forgot what we were talking about again.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|