View Single Post
Old 02.03.2013, 04:36 PM   #64
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I just don't really get what people have waited 22 years for. I mean, the band has written some good songs, but really, since Loveless there have been dozens of MBV-influenced bands who have made records on par or better than the new one.

They're really a polarizing band. You either love everything they do or just don't get why using thirty different pedals to play a generic power chord progression suddenly makes you the greatest band ever.

Some of the songs were solid, but if you held a gun to me and asked what the third song sounded like, I have no idea what to tell you. It's a weaker Loveless because the melodies aren't as memorable, the production isn't as good, and the riffs are pretty samey.

Props for them finally releasing it, I'm just left wondering what we are getting excited about.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|