View Single Post
Old 12.02.2014, 09:52 AM   #18320
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
just read the wikipedia article and it turns out (i didn't know) the movie had to change from the original novel due to the production code whereas the todd haynes version follows the novel very closely. i find veda's fate in the first movie more satisfying though ha ha ha ha ha.

The Production Code was great. It made directors really work to smuggle their message in, under its radar. That was where Lang was so fantastic

Quote:

la grande illusion - what a movie!!! (don't watch any trailers because old trailers ruin everything. ) i have no words right to say how good it was but it was excellent.

Yeah, brilliant film. Too many great scenes but I love the bit when the POWs spontaneously start to sing La Marseillaise, and when Erich Von Stroheim talks to the French general about their class affinities. Brilliant film by a brilliant filmmaker. Have you seen La regle du jeu?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|