View Single Post
Old 07.20.2006, 09:20 AM   #10
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
yeah, im just talking about the one day, sy day.
god knows how i would take 3 days of solid music.
it killed me. by the evening, i found mysef watching bands that i knew were amazing, playing amazing sets, but it just wasnt hitting me. i felt like a zombie.
i always have this trouble though. i think whether or not a bands blows me away has alot to do with how im feeling. when i saw boredoms at teh scala around that time, it was like i wasnt there, i couldnt get into it although i knew it was probably one of the best gigs id ever be at.
wierd. its a bad way to be. i had a much better time at gallo's atp.
i loved about 3 of the gigs at that one, but had an amazing time with amazing people and an amazing atmosphere whilst getting knocked off my feet three times in three days.
i somehow prefered that feeling to the one of having just seen 13 bands that id usualy kill to see and feeling cheated that i couldnt absorb it in the way i would if i saw them one night at a time.

I know exactly what you all mean... in many ways the SY day in '04 was probably one of the best days of my life as far as seeing amazing bands back to back, but I was completely drained by the end of the day... overall I had a much better time at the Gallo ATP last year, and the 1st weekend this year for exactly the same reasons... I didn't like as many bands and had much more time to enjoy the experience... I even walked to Dungeness and back!!... of the bill that has been announced so far this year I want to see around 90% of it so it's pretty obvious that something has got to give... it will be impossible to see everything, and more importantly, absorb everything... although I might die trying.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|